Now you'd think that since I'm attempting to build a small business named Ribbon Blossoms, I would be right on the ball! But you all know me better than that. So of course, I finished mine just 5 minutes ago! But that's better than last month when I barely got it posted a few hours before the linky party closed!
My girls' bedroom is a pink, yellow and green delight. I'll share it soon. It was a labor of love that I never could have done myself. Thank you Tanielle....I love you! It has a daisy and butterfly theme. I decided the door was too plain...so ribbon to the rescue!
For the flowers I used ribbon strips about 8" long for the looped petals and 4" long for the spiked ones. (This is approximate, I actually didn't measure, I just eyeballed it).
For the looped petals I stacked 3 or 4 strips on top of each other, then folded in half to find the middle. I then pushed a threaded needle through the center point, but not pulling it all the way through. I then fanned out the ribbons and took each ribbon end one at a time and folded it into the center and secured it on the needle tip. Once all were done I pulled the needle all the way through and stitched a few times to secure it.
For the spikey petals I stacked and folded the same, then put the needle tip through, fanned out the ribbons and pulled the needle through and stitched it securely. Then I cut V's into the ends. I then just layered the different petal sets and used a button for the center.
The stems are 2 pipe cleaners twisted together (dowels would work well, but I didn't have any!), then covered with green ribbon. I just tied ribbon strips around them and cut more V's for the leaves.
I hope this makes sense. I forgot to take pictures while I was making them! For more fun ribbon projects, go over to Heidi's right now!