Monday, January 30, 2012

Stuff I'm getting excited for...

You know how this time of year is kinda blah?  I may have mentioned it a few (hundred) times.

But the truth is, I actually have a lot to be excited about.  When I think about it I really do get giddy.  So I'm going to make a list.  A list to refer back to whenever I'm feeling particularly blah.

I am excited....

That I get to meet 4 blogger friends, and reunite with one I have already met, in the upcoming months.  I'll blog more about it as I meet them.

To be on the Design Committee for a float for the Days of '47 Parade this summer.  It is one of the oldest and the largest parades in the United States.  People actually camp out overnight to get a seat along the parade route!

That our school is opening a new campus this fall.  Being part of the process all over again of starting a school from the ground up is a humbling and rewarding experience.

For summer to get here.

For the 40th birthday bash I am planning on throwing for hubby this year.  I love that his birthday's in the summer so we can get our BBQ on!

These are just a few things that I am looking forward to, and you know - I think it is a pretty good list.  What are you excited for?

p.s. I'm also excited for this fab giveaway - I hope I win!!

6 comments:

MiMi said...

I'm so excited for the first one too!!
Am I the only one with that song stuck in my head now..."reunited and it feels so good..."?
LOL!!!
40th bday bash! He's old! Just kidding, sheesh. ;)

Impulsive Addict said...

But i'm not one of the 4 damn it!

Sorry I used bad language. I need to work on that.

My hubby's birthday is in the summer too. It's on Emma's 1/2 birthday so we celebrate both! YAY!

Myya said...

4 Months 18 days 17 hours 57 minutes & 26 seconds. HOLLA!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Sounds like some fun times! My Hubby turns 40 this year too. I need to plan something.

There is an award on my blog just for you. Stop by when you get a chance.

Gotta go enter for that fabric. Thanks for the link!

jennykate77 said...

You have LOTS of great things coming your way!! I love making a list of the things I'm looking forward to...like you said, so you can look back at it and remember the good stuff when you're having a bad day.

The parade sounds awesome! I love parades.

Building another school from the ground up has got to be so rewarding.

I miss your beautiful face!! *MWAH*

Karen Peterson said...

There's lots of stuff to get excited about. I love this time of year because everything is still ahead.