Skip to main content

The Nail Files - team spirit

Hola friends!  I've got such a treat for you today!  Especially if you love toes!

Do feet gross you out?  They totally gross my son out, so I love to put my feet on him.  Also - my bestie told me once she doesn't love me enough to paint my toe nails for me when I'm pregnant and can't reach.  Isn't that just rude?  Feet totally don't gross me out.  I mean, GROSS feet gross me out.  But in general I'm not grossed out if someone happens to have bare feet, and they are near me, or like touching my leg.  My son freaks out if a bare foot touches any part of him.

So, MiMi told me about a fun new meme (haha that's funny) called The Nail Files.  I thought I'd link up today, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed (or maybe my toes?), that it's okay to link up toenails too.  <------- That sounded sorta gross.  Like I pictured toe-nail clippings when I said that.  Ew.

ANYWAY....I rarely paint my fingernails.  It seems to chip so quickly, and then it just looks like trash.  But toenails on the other hand....you can dab some touch up over a chipped spot, and top it with a clear top coat, and it looks fine, because nobody sees them up close.  You know?  So I am rarely without toes painted.

Today I thought I'd show my team spirit faux glitter toes.  I love glitter even more than I love nail polish.  I have a friend who does professional glitter toes, and does a fabulous job.  But that's a luxury that isn't often in my budget.

However, I do have a trick for doing faux glitter toes, that I learned from my friend Jen from Tatertots and Jello.  It was so many years ago, when we both were relatively new bloggers, and I don't have a clue how to find the original link.  But basically what you do is choose nail polish, and a coordinating glitter color.  Make sure it's the really fine craft glitter, not the regular Walmart kind.  You can only do a few toes at a time, so the polish doesn't dry before you can add the glitter.  Polish your nails, dump the glitter over them, then shake them off.  You'll have glitter all over your toes, but it can be brushed off when you're finished.  Once the polish and glitter have set for a bit, top it off with a clear top coat.  And voila!  Super sparkly glittery toes!

This is my favorite thing to do during the summer to show my team spirit when hubby and I head out to a ReAL Salt Lake game.  What do ya think?


Also, that is a fake tattoo - I would never get a real one.  No offense to my wonderful friends who have a tattoo - but it's not my thing!  Except the fake kind.  On game day.

And keeping with my tradition (and promise I made to Myya) of posting a new Chris Winger photo every time I mention ReAL Salt Lake, here he is modeling their 2012 away uniform (le sigh...).


You. Are. Welcome.

I'm linking up here!
The Nail Files

Comments

Macey said…
Myya will love that picture.
I love your team spirit toes!
And I know that's a real tattoo you liar.
Alyssa said…
I am SO loooving the red and blue toes! Super cute and fun! The sparkles really make it!
Rachelle said…
Gross feet gross me out too.

I love those glitter toes. And they last forever!!! I get sick of the color long before they need to be redone.

I even have a picture of my grandma with glitter toes. When we had family over for Thanksgiving my sis-in-law and I painted all the female toes in the house! So fun!

But you probably don't need to know all that!
tara said…
its totally ok to link up with a pic of your toes.. especially because they are glittery!!! :)
That is so cute! I love your fake tattoo, too (that sounds weird). Thanks for the glitter tip. Great idea! I rarely go without toenail polish, but I NEVER do my nails. It gets chippy after one day.
Look at your cute little toesies! And very patriotic too!

I think you should get a real tat....maybe of a soccer ball? ;-) I bet Hottie McHotterson would be impressed.

Popular posts from this blog

Mod Podge Mania!

I am so super excited for our first edition of Mod Podge Mania! I love this stuff, and I LOVE getting new ideas for how to use it...so hopefully this will be a great place for "inspiration" where we can all get some fun new ideas! So here's how it will work. Post about a project on your blog, along with instructions on how you created your mod podge masterpiece! OR you can do a post featuring a project you have seen someone else do, just to pass the idea along. Just make sure you give credit where credit is due! Also, make sure to include a link back to my blog in your post! Next, link up by entering your name and copying the URL to your post into Mr. Linky - he's waiting at the bottom of this post. It would be helpful if you put the name of your project along with your name so people will know what they are coming to look at! (example: Xazmin - decorative eggs) Last, go check out everyone's fabulous projects and let the inspiration begin! You can link up as

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

So tell the truth - how many of you thought this would be a pregnancy announcement? Well - I'll have to twist my husband's arm a little more to get him to agree to that one! But this is the beginning of something very exciting...at least I think it is! SO HERE IT IS! Ribbon Blossoms Chic Boutique is now LIVE! And we’re celebrating with an Awesome Giveaway! If you have been following my blog, you know that I have a small business with my friend Tanielle , making and selling hair bows and other girly accessories. Until now we have been selling our items at craft shows and our local boutique mall. We also have had a few of our items listed on Daisy Craft, an online site for handmade items. But now, TODAY …we have our very own WEBSITE !!! Please celebrate with us by entering our Fabulous Girly Giveaway! Now don’t run away if you are not a mother of girls…this prize will make a wonderful baby gift or birthday gift for someone you love! Are you ready? Are you dying to know wha

The Girl With The Headache - update

It's been almost a year since I first posted here about Ambria and her struggle with Post Concussion Syndrome .  At that time Ambria had already been suffering for a year, and I was at the end of my rope.  To quickly recap, Ambria came home from a church dance with a debilitating Migraine one day in late February of 2015.  And it didn't go away.  For months.  She couldn't go to school, or church, or out with friends. Life sort of came to a stand still for her.  She spent most of her days sleeping, and when she wasn't asleep she was like a zombie and in so much pain.  She was eventually diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome.  She'd suffered multiple sports concussions from playing soccer.  She was just supposed to try and treat the pain while waiting for her brain to start working properly again. We had many doctor's visits, tests, dietary changes, different perscriptions, so many things to try and help with the pain.  Nothing helped.  Months kept passing with