Monday, April 20, 2009

Recipe Swap!

I know it's late....but I wanted to link up a quick recipe. And again, I don't have a picture to share...but trust me...it looks as good as it smells and tastes!

I'm going to share how I make BBQ Ribs in the slow cooker.

I don't have an exact recipe, it's just a good base and you can adjust it to your family's tastes.

I start out with country style boneless pork ribs. I stock up when they go on sale, and freeze the extra!

Place ribs in a 9x13 baking dish and salt and pepper to taste.

Brown ribs in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes on each side. Place in slow cooker.

For the sauce - we like to use a ton. What I do is for every regular sized bottle of BBQ sauce (whatever flavor you like!), I add 1 TBS honey and 1 tsp crushed red pepper and stir it in.

This gives them a bit of a kick. If it weren't for my gringo husband I would probably add 2 tsp of crushed red pepper.

Pour sauce over ribs and cook on high for 4 hrs, or low all day.

They are so tender and tasty!

Recip Swap Monday is hosted by Anissa at Learning Together Hand in Hand...go check it out!

11 comments:

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Kindred spirits - that's how I make BBQ ribs, too! They are SO good! :) If I take the time to brown them, I do a quick brown on the stovetop, otherwise I just throw them in the crock pot and cover them with the BBQ sauce...heh, heh!! I probably should brown them more often, though, I'll have to give your browning method a try! ;)

I guess I'm the 'gringo' in our family - my hubby loves things super spicy, so when I get our plates ready, I tell him to come on in and spice his up...(grin!!)

Thanks for sharing! :)

kimert said...

Wow! Looks like I am going to have to make bbq pork ribs and SOON! :)

____j said...

Hey, Just commenting you back to answer your question! I work at Wings Aviation, its a pilot supply store! Thanks for stopping by my blog! And that recipe sounds delicious.

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

I'm 100% positive my husband would be all over this one!! Thanks for sharing...I'm saving it right now.

Vivienne said...

Hi! This looks great. We like spare-ribs better. Can you give me a tip on how to modify this for that kind? I really want to try this. :-) I just popped over and checked out the link. I re-posted my lasagna recipe. I love to cook almost as much as I love collecting recipes.
:-)

onegirliegirl said...

Oh yea! Harrison Ford! Love the classics!

Cadance said...

that sounds YUMMY...I will be trying that...and if you make a batch that is super spicy...I'll be right there to help you eat it!!! MMMMMM!!

Anissa said...

Sounds good! Sorry I'm late getting over here I was at the hospital all night -- Post on my blog! I guess Thurs. I will be buying some ribs. TFS

Pixeltrash said...

Yum! I love saucy ribs, but my hubby makes them on the grill with a dry rub. I love that too, but sauce is so yummmmm! You've gone and made me hungry, Girl!

Tami

jennykate77 said...

Yumm-O! Ribs sound so good...especially the fall-off-the-bone kind. mmmmm.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love ribs! I love my crock pot! This has got to be good!