Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Spirit

The theme in camp today is The Spirit. It's so important for us to know, and especially young girls to know that they can receive guidance and direction by living lives that will allow them to feel the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Keeping our minds open and receptive to feeling the Spirit is they way that we will eventually be able to enjoy the blessings of Eternal Life.

In 2 Nephi 9:39 it says "to be spiritually minded is life eternal". I saw on http://www.sugardoodle.net/ that someone pointed out that the acronym for this scripture is SMILE.

So I got these cute little smiley face noise-makers and attatched the quote. I hope it helps the girls remember.


I'm all packed and ready to leave, Cowgirl seems to be doing better and we still don't have a car, but I think they'll be okay without me until Friday! I also got a special surprise today that I'll tell you all about when I get back...and I promise to get caught up on my visits! Thanks again for all your support and kind words this past couple of weeks...I love you all!

20 comments:

Carrie said...

Those are adorable

Amy said...

That is a wonderful idea..

MiMi said...

Have FUN!!!

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

So cute!! Have a wonderful trip!!

See you when you get home!

~Becca

Jenny said...

That turned out really cute. Have fun on your trip!

Tabitha@ichoosebliss said...

They are so cute!

Yaya said...

Wow! those are awesome!

Jessica said...

Cute! Have lots of fun!!

{Katie Lane} said...

These are oh so cute. They are going to love them!

Carie said...

These are adorable--what a terrific idea! Now, where did you get the smiley faces?

Sara said...

What a neat idea!! Have a fun trip!

shortmama said...

Have a great time!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday to you...Happy birthday to you...Happy Birthday dear Xazmin...Happy birthday to you!

Amy said...

Stopping by to wish you are very Happy Birthday...

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
I hope you have a fabulous day!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Adorable little "favors"!!! You can tell you really have worked hard on all of these. :)

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!!! (figured you could use a few extra "happies") :)

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Friend!!

~Becca

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Happy Birthday Xazmin!! I hope you have a great day. Enjoy yourself!!

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Marrdy said...

What a cute idea!