Skip to main content

Who cleans your carpets?

Well my chicas...I am still a little out of the blogging loop. Please don't hate me for not visiting! I am determined to come visit all my favorite ladies before this weekend is over!

Part of the reason I have been MIA is a project I have been working on. Some of you know that my husband and I own a small carpet cleaning business. We have been blessed with steady business, and a continual increase in customers. So far our entire business has been built by word of mouth from happy customers. Although the economy has impacted our bottom line for sure, we still have been very fortunate to have steady work so far this year.

Still, with prices going up on EVERYTHING...including our supplies, and the several financial set-backs we've experienced in recent weeks, we decided it was time to pound the pavement and drum up some additional business.

As I mentioned before, we've never had to advertise, our customers are our best publicity. So now I am faced with the decision of the best way to get our name out there to more people. Since I have had the BEST time meeting new people through blogging, I decided that a carpet cleaning blog may be one way for people to learn about us, and what we have to offer.

I've been working really hard on puting one together for my husband. But then I faced a new dilemma. Should I blog about it here? As most of you know, I'm very protective of my family, and try hard to protect their identities. I also have never indicated on my blog where I live. Some of you know from email conversations, some of you have guessed from different things I've posted about, and a few people have "outted" me in the comments.

The thing is, I'm so proud of the hard work my husband does for our family, and I feel like maybe I should relax a little bit, and be willing to share about him, and his work with those who live near me and might be interested in our services, or in spreading the word. Ya know?

So here goes...J.P. Carpet and Tile Care is a family owned and operated business serving families in the Greater Salt Lake Valley and surrounding areas for the past 9 years! Click the button if you'd like to learn more! WHEW! Glad I got that out!




Look what good work he does!

This was taken while cleaning his sister's carpet


This is cleaning the tile at a commercial building downtown.
Although carpet and tile cleaning isn't the most glamorous job, we have definitely met some wonderful people and love making new friends and forming great working relationships through our business.
I'd love you to spread the word if you know anyone who may be in need of our services!
Now I have a bunch more to blog about and hope to get it all out this next week! But for now I'm off to visit all my friends whom I've been missing so much!

Comments

shortmama said…
Nothing wrong with some promotion! I am working on an ad to put on my blog for the knives my hubs makes too!
Will he travel to SoCal? :) My children (stinky dirty boys) are wrecking my white carpet!!!

I think if you have a business you are proud of, there is nothing wrong with mentioning it on a "personal blog." God puts things and people in out paths on purpose. For all you know this is part of His "big picture" and there is someone out there who will benefit from knowing you have this business.
Holy cow! Is that a shadow or a "clean" line on the carpet? That's amazing! We rented one of those steamers once years ago and it was NOT good!! We need professional help, I think. ;)
Jessica said…
I was just getting ready to call the guys to come clean my carpet (well, actually in September). But, we live in Oregon. :(
Macey said…
Yeah, can he travel to Oregon? : )
Unknown said…
I think it is great that you are so supportive and proud of your hubby!!!

BTW, did you see the last game when we blew it against ya'll??


~Becca
STILLMAGNOLIA said…
I have missed you like mad. Do you do upholstery too? Are you in Alabama? I know you are not....but I was hoping. That carpet looks fabulous.
I wish we lived in Utah so you could clean our carpets!! I still haven't found anyone I like. Good luck with your business!
Jenny said…
I wish you were closer to me. I really need my carpets cleaned!

I'm hoping to be able to have them done this winter.
Sara said…
Does he come to MN?? Tell that hubby he does an amazing job and I have a whole apartment building that he could clean in MN!! The hallway carpets are disgusting!!
Wish we lived closer, but if you ever open a branch in Dallas... :-)
Heather said…
Are you guys on Facebook? I know on the sidebar there are always links to local businesses promoted there. I don't know what the fee is to do it.
kado! said…
how funny....I never guessed you live in SLC...next time I am visiting my cousin...I'll definitely look you up!!! .....hope you meet some new clients this way!
Sare said…
If we get to buy a house (or get to EVER move!) I will call you because I'm just sure I'll need clean carpets!
Tanielle said…
He does a fantastic job!!! He's cleaned ours many times, and I am always thrilled with how they look!
Anonymous said…
You could advertise on craigslist?
jennykate77 said…
Hey, girl! Just stopping by to say HELLO here on Blogger. :) That was a terrific post about your business, hope you drum up lots of business! If you were in OK, I would totally have you come clean my upstairs carpets.

Hope you're having a great day!♥
Marrdy said…
I think blogging about your business is a great way to build it! We are trying to sell our house and when (PLEASE SELL) I will call you to clean our carpets and the new house!

Popular posts from this blog

Mod Podge Mania!

I am so super excited for our first edition of Mod Podge Mania! I love this stuff, and I LOVE getting new ideas for how to use it...so hopefully this will be a great place for "inspiration" where we can all get some fun new ideas! So here's how it will work. Post about a project on your blog, along with instructions on how you created your mod podge masterpiece! OR you can do a post featuring a project you have seen someone else do, just to pass the idea along. Just make sure you give credit where credit is due! Also, make sure to include a link back to my blog in your post! Next, link up by entering your name and copying the URL to your post into Mr. Linky - he's waiting at the bottom of this post. It would be helpful if you put the name of your project along with your name so people will know what they are coming to look at! (example: Xazmin - decorative eggs) Last, go check out everyone's fabulous projects and let the inspiration begin! You can link up as

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

So tell the truth - how many of you thought this would be a pregnancy announcement? Well - I'll have to twist my husband's arm a little more to get him to agree to that one! But this is the beginning of something very exciting...at least I think it is! SO HERE IT IS! Ribbon Blossoms Chic Boutique is now LIVE! And we’re celebrating with an Awesome Giveaway! If you have been following my blog, you know that I have a small business with my friend Tanielle , making and selling hair bows and other girly accessories. Until now we have been selling our items at craft shows and our local boutique mall. We also have had a few of our items listed on Daisy Craft, an online site for handmade items. But now, TODAY …we have our very own WEBSITE !!! Please celebrate with us by entering our Fabulous Girly Giveaway! Now don’t run away if you are not a mother of girls…this prize will make a wonderful baby gift or birthday gift for someone you love! Are you ready? Are you dying to know wha

The Girl With The Headache - update

It's been almost a year since I first posted here about Ambria and her struggle with Post Concussion Syndrome .  At that time Ambria had already been suffering for a year, and I was at the end of my rope.  To quickly recap, Ambria came home from a church dance with a debilitating Migraine one day in late February of 2015.  And it didn't go away.  For months.  She couldn't go to school, or church, or out with friends. Life sort of came to a stand still for her.  She spent most of her days sleeping, and when she wasn't asleep she was like a zombie and in so much pain.  She was eventually diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome.  She'd suffered multiple sports concussions from playing soccer.  She was just supposed to try and treat the pain while waiting for her brain to start working properly again. We had many doctor's visits, tests, dietary changes, different perscriptions, so many things to try and help with the pain.  Nothing helped.  Months kept passing with