Skip to main content

Oh, Baby! pt. 3

Already a brat:

So as you could tell from parts 1 and 2 - my kids are pretty excited about this new baby sister that is joining our family.

Monkey kisses my belly every time she walks past.  But Bookworm has been the one that has warmed our hearts with his joy about the baby, and his tenderness.  He is ALWAYS asking me how I am and how baby is doing.  If I seem uncomfortable in any way he always asks if I am feeling okay.

He is always concerned that I am doing things that are the best for the baby.  I've gotten a few lectures from him about not drinking Dr. Pepper.  One Sunday afternoon I took a much needed nap.  After I woke up, Bookworm told me he had looked in on me a few times while I was sleeping, and that every time he walked past the door, I was sleeping on my stomach.  He asked me, "is that safe for the baby?"

He has been so sweet and adorable.  Which makes it so ironic that of all the kids he was the last one who ever got to feel her kick.

The kids asked for months when they would be able to feel the baby kick from the outside.  Finally when she started kicking harder, I would have them sit with their hand on my tummy until she gave a good kick.  Monkey got to feel her kick first.  We were taking a nap on my bed and Baby Girl started kicking.  I rested her hand on my belly while we were laying there, and she patiently waited, and it paid off!  Next was Pixie while we were sitting in church.  And Cowgirl got to feel her kick while sitting next to me on the couch watching TV.

But no matter how hard she was kicking, or how frequently, as soon as bookworm would put his hand on my tummy, she would freeze instantly.  And no matter how long he sat, patiently waiting to feel her kick, she wouldn't.  Then when he'd finally give up and get back to his homework, or head back to his room, or whatever he was doing - she'd start kicking again.  What a stinker, right?

It was WEEKS from the time the girls started feeling her kick, before Bookworm got to finally feel a kick.  And during those weeks the girls felt her kick several times, but always Bookworm's efforts went unrewarded!  What do you think?  Is she already a spoiled brat?

When he finally was able to feel her kick, he made sure to announce it to everyone!
Obviously I've removed his name and location - but this is a screenshot of his FB page.

16 more days until her due date....we are counting down now!  

Comments

SupermomToki said…
Oh my goodness, you're almost there! Fun, fun, fun. Well may be not the labor pains but everything else will be. LOL. God bless.
Tasia said…
That is sooo sweet. I think it's so adorable when all of the older siblings are excited for a new baby! Can't wait until your new little one makes her way into the world!
Chell said…
Not to much longer now! What a sweet big brother!
Emmy said…
What a tease she is to her big brother already!! But you know I don't think he will mind- he will love her the most.

I always thought Alex would be the best with Ryder when he was born as she was always talking about all she would do with the baby when he was born-- but in reality Lucas was the best, played with him the most, helped out the the most. Though the roles have switched now-- a lot because Lucas is gone all day and Alex only half the day.
Emmy said…
What a tease she is to her big brother already!! But you know I don't think he will mind- he will love her the most.

I always thought Alex would be the best with Ryder when he was born as she was always talking about all she would do with the baby when he was born-- but in reality Lucas was the best, played with him the most, helped out the the most. Though the roles have switched now-- a lot because Lucas is gone all day and Alex only half the day.
Macey said…
After having met Bookworm I can honestly say that nothing he does, that's super sweet, surprises me.
I think he's going to be the best OLDER brother to her and she has a friend for life in him.
Outcast said…
It's so cute that your son's constantly asking how you are. What a loving and empathetic young boy you have already. 16 days isn't long at all so best of luck!
VandyJ said…
Not necessarily a brat, but definitely pushing buttons already!
This kid's gonna give you all a run for your money.

Popular posts from this blog

Mod Podge Mania!

I am so super excited for our first edition of Mod Podge Mania! I love this stuff, and I LOVE getting new ideas for how to use it...so hopefully this will be a great place for "inspiration" where we can all get some fun new ideas! So here's how it will work. Post about a project on your blog, along with instructions on how you created your mod podge masterpiece! OR you can do a post featuring a project you have seen someone else do, just to pass the idea along. Just make sure you give credit where credit is due! Also, make sure to include a link back to my blog in your post! Next, link up by entering your name and copying the URL to your post into Mr. Linky - he's waiting at the bottom of this post. It would be helpful if you put the name of your project along with your name so people will know what they are coming to look at! (example: Xazmin - decorative eggs) Last, go check out everyone's fabulous projects and let the inspiration begin! You can link up as

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

So tell the truth - how many of you thought this would be a pregnancy announcement? Well - I'll have to twist my husband's arm a little more to get him to agree to that one! But this is the beginning of something very exciting...at least I think it is! SO HERE IT IS! Ribbon Blossoms Chic Boutique is now LIVE! And we’re celebrating with an Awesome Giveaway! If you have been following my blog, you know that I have a small business with my friend Tanielle , making and selling hair bows and other girly accessories. Until now we have been selling our items at craft shows and our local boutique mall. We also have had a few of our items listed on Daisy Craft, an online site for handmade items. But now, TODAY …we have our very own WEBSITE !!! Please celebrate with us by entering our Fabulous Girly Giveaway! Now don’t run away if you are not a mother of girls…this prize will make a wonderful baby gift or birthday gift for someone you love! Are you ready? Are you dying to know wha

The Girl With The Headache - update

It's been almost a year since I first posted here about Ambria and her struggle with Post Concussion Syndrome .  At that time Ambria had already been suffering for a year, and I was at the end of my rope.  To quickly recap, Ambria came home from a church dance with a debilitating Migraine one day in late February of 2015.  And it didn't go away.  For months.  She couldn't go to school, or church, or out with friends. Life sort of came to a stand still for her.  She spent most of her days sleeping, and when she wasn't asleep she was like a zombie and in so much pain.  She was eventually diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome.  She'd suffered multiple sports concussions from playing soccer.  She was just supposed to try and treat the pain while waiting for her brain to start working properly again. We had many doctor's visits, tests, dietary changes, different perscriptions, so many things to try and help with the pain.  Nothing helped.  Months kept passing with