Skip to main content

Oh, Baby! pt. 1

So I haven't really blogged much throughout my pregnancy, and I thought I'd take a few days to recap some of the memorable moments regarding Baby Girl.

Breaking the News:

If you remember, this pregnancy was completely unplanned, and unexpected!  Although our children kept pestering us to have another baby, we had decided that we were done.  I'm not gonna lie - when those 2 lines showed up instantly, I was in a little bit of shock.  As was Hubby.  I think we've spent the majority of the pregnancy feeling overwhelmed and trying to process the fact that we need to get back into baby mode, after being out of it for many years.  But it's impossible not to take delight in the way the kids are being about this new little life that is about to join our family.

When it came time to tell the kids, we gathered them all around for a family meeting.  We had recently asked Bookworm if he wanted to move his bedroom downstairs, as Cowgirl was doing (our ulterior motive was so that I could have my craft room/office upstairs).  He responded, "No, I really like my room, and I like having it up here."

So we started off our conversation directing our comments to him.  We asked, "remember how you said you didn't want to move downstairs?  Well we were wondering if you would be willing to move downstairs so that the baby can have your room?"  Cowgirl's hands immediately flew to her mouth, her eyes got big and she had a huge grin.  Bookworm didn't catch on so quickly.  His response was, "What baby?"  When I replied, "The new baby we're going to have", I heard a squeal of delight from one of the other girls, and Bookworm had a huge smile, but still wanted to make sure he wasn't mistaken.  "Our baby?  Are you serious?  You're going to have a baby?"  All 4 kids were delighted and excited.  And they all started talking and asking questions at once.

It was a great night full of love and excitement, and I still want to giggle out loud when I think about their reaction to the news.  You would think their excitement would have worn off over the months, but it really hasn't.  They are as excited as ever and can't wait to meet the newest little member of our family!

I really adore these sweet kids.  

Yes this is their Christmas card picture from LAST year - we didn't get around to pictures (or Christmas cards!) this year. 

Comments

Amy said…
What a cute story! I love how you told your kids, and i especially love their reactions. What a sweet family you have.
VandyJ said…
It's nice when they are excited. Makes the whole adventure easier.
Outcast said…
This post was so cute Xamin, I'm so pleased that your kids are excited and getting ready for the baby and wish your family all the best and happiness, hopefully you're better adapted for getting into baby mood.
Macey said…
Seriously. Holding that secret in all the way from OR to UT with Myya was H-E Double Hockey Sticks!
Emmy said…
"What baby" too funny. Love how they reacted and glad they are all excited. That picture really is so cute- beautiful kids!
It's so cute how excited they are. What awesome kids.
Myya said…
YAY BABY!!! Sooo funny how your son can be so smart yet such an airhead too. LOL. LOOOOOVE how excited the kiddos are, that is sooo cute!

So no belly bump pics??? You could at least text me one ya know!

Popular posts from this blog

Mod Podge Mania!

I am so super excited for our first edition of Mod Podge Mania! I love this stuff, and I LOVE getting new ideas for how to use it...so hopefully this will be a great place for "inspiration" where we can all get some fun new ideas! So here's how it will work. Post about a project on your blog, along with instructions on how you created your mod podge masterpiece! OR you can do a post featuring a project you have seen someone else do, just to pass the idea along. Just make sure you give credit where credit is due! Also, make sure to include a link back to my blog in your post! Next, link up by entering your name and copying the URL to your post into Mr. Linky - he's waiting at the bottom of this post. It would be helpful if you put the name of your project along with your name so people will know what they are coming to look at! (example: Xazmin - decorative eggs) Last, go check out everyone's fabulous projects and let the inspiration begin! You can link up as

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

So tell the truth - how many of you thought this would be a pregnancy announcement? Well - I'll have to twist my husband's arm a little more to get him to agree to that one! But this is the beginning of something very exciting...at least I think it is! SO HERE IT IS! Ribbon Blossoms Chic Boutique is now LIVE! And we’re celebrating with an Awesome Giveaway! If you have been following my blog, you know that I have a small business with my friend Tanielle , making and selling hair bows and other girly accessories. Until now we have been selling our items at craft shows and our local boutique mall. We also have had a few of our items listed on Daisy Craft, an online site for handmade items. But now, TODAY …we have our very own WEBSITE !!! Please celebrate with us by entering our Fabulous Girly Giveaway! Now don’t run away if you are not a mother of girls…this prize will make a wonderful baby gift or birthday gift for someone you love! Are you ready? Are you dying to know wha

The Girl With The Headache - update

It's been almost a year since I first posted here about Ambria and her struggle with Post Concussion Syndrome .  At that time Ambria had already been suffering for a year, and I was at the end of my rope.  To quickly recap, Ambria came home from a church dance with a debilitating Migraine one day in late February of 2015.  And it didn't go away.  For months.  She couldn't go to school, or church, or out with friends. Life sort of came to a stand still for her.  She spent most of her days sleeping, and when she wasn't asleep she was like a zombie and in so much pain.  She was eventually diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome.  She'd suffered multiple sports concussions from playing soccer.  She was just supposed to try and treat the pain while waiting for her brain to start working properly again. We had many doctor's visits, tests, dietary changes, different perscriptions, so many things to try and help with the pain.  Nothing helped.  Months kept passing with