Skip to main content

Oh, Baby! pt. 2

Today I'm linking up with my girls Shawn and IA, which I haven't done in forever!  If you want to read part 1, go here.

The Gender Reveal:

The kids were so excited about the fact that we were adding another member to our family!

After I had my first appointment, we told them that they could come to the next appointment and hear the heartbeat.  Well the next appointment happened to be the week of the big scare.  We decided that we shouldn't bring the kids, in case there were any problems.  Once we knew what was going on, if everything was okay, we would take them to the next appointment.

My doctor ended up having to push that next appointment back a week, and by that time the kids were back in school.  They begged us to check them out of school, and we made the deal with them that we would check them out of school to come to the ultrasound, OR to come hear the heartbeat.  But not both.  Of course they all chose the ultrasound.

When it finally got to the week of my ultrasound, I called the hospital to set up my appointment.  They went over all the rules with me.  One of them was "only 1 other adult and no children."  WHAT???  I have never been prevented from bringing children to the ultrasound before and I was super bummed.  But not nearly as much as the kids were.

They kept asking us if we would call the school and tell them if they were having a baby brother or sister once we found out.  We tried to explain that we couldn't just call the school and have them called out of class, disrupting everyone, just so we could tell them.  They didn't understand why not.  They think because I'm on the board I can just do whatever I feel like, without regard to protocol.  I probably could without having anyone say anything to me, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't bother people, or that I should.  I try not to overstep my bounds.  Too much. ;)   They were super bugged at the thought that we would find out in the morning, and they had to wait clear until after school to find out.

Here's what I did do.    I had seen this cute little idea on Pinterest about using a paint strip and sharpie to announce baby's gender.  So I grabbed some paint strips at Walmart on the way home from the ultrasound.  I went into the office at school and made a photocopy of the best ultrasound picture for each of my kids.  I wrote on the paint strip and stuck the strip and the picture in an envelope, then wrote the name of one of my children (not in my normal handwriting) on each envelope.  Then I asked one of the awesome ladies who works at the front desk to deliver them to my kids in class.  She of course stuck around to spy on their reactions.  They all started out looking confused and then when they opened their envelope, without exception got huge grins as they realized what it meant.  She was expecting Bookworm to be disappointed, but she loved that he just got a big smile and leaned over to show his friends.

This is the picture I used to announce on Facebook.  I wrote the words a little differently on the strips I gave to my kids, but this will give you the main idea.


After school the kids were once again full of excitement and questions.  The girls gave me their envelopes to put in my purse so they wouldn't get lost or ruined.  I asked Bookworm what he did with his picture.  His reply?  "I hung it up in my locker."

Comments

VandyJ said…
That is a cool way to share the gender!
SupermomToki said…
So cute and congratulations on the new addition. Such precious moments with your kids.
Mrs. Match said…
Aw congrats! That's such a clever way of revealing the gender, and I love how you included the kids!
Macey said…
Awww! He hung it in his locker!!!
Emmy said…
Awe love that he hung it in his locker!! What a sweet big brother. Fun way to tell them
Amy said…
You really know how to build anticipation! What a fun way to let your kids know. I love Big Brother's reaction and how tender it is that he hung it in his locker.
Outcast said…
This is so cute, the way that you revealed it is innovative and absolute genius, congratulations to you guys on the upcoming little girl.
I'm just so excited for you guys! My girls would LOVE for us to add another one too. But Jeremy says, "ENOUGH!" ;)
Shawn said…
So cute! Some of the things I see on Pinterest almost makes me want another one....almost!
STILLMAGNOLIA said…
Love it. Some friends of ours did it with a cake. They did not want to know until everyone else did...so they had the radiologist put the ultrasound results in an envelope...they took it to walmart...and walmart made the cake with the layers done in the correct color...what a surprise when they cut their cake and there was a blue AND pink layer.
Myya said…
I love that you did this. How fun for the kids!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Mod Podge Mania!

I am so super excited for our first edition of Mod Podge Mania! I love this stuff, and I LOVE getting new ideas for how to use it...so hopefully this will be a great place for "inspiration" where we can all get some fun new ideas! So here's how it will work. Post about a project on your blog, along with instructions on how you created your mod podge masterpiece! OR you can do a post featuring a project you have seen someone else do, just to pass the idea along. Just make sure you give credit where credit is due! Also, make sure to include a link back to my blog in your post! Next, link up by entering your name and copying the URL to your post into Mr. Linky - he's waiting at the bottom of this post. It would be helpful if you put the name of your project along with your name so people will know what they are coming to look at! (example: Xazmin - decorative eggs) Last, go check out everyone's fabulous projects and let the inspiration begin! You can link up as

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

So tell the truth - how many of you thought this would be a pregnancy announcement? Well - I'll have to twist my husband's arm a little more to get him to agree to that one! But this is the beginning of something very exciting...at least I think it is! SO HERE IT IS! Ribbon Blossoms Chic Boutique is now LIVE! And we’re celebrating with an Awesome Giveaway! If you have been following my blog, you know that I have a small business with my friend Tanielle , making and selling hair bows and other girly accessories. Until now we have been selling our items at craft shows and our local boutique mall. We also have had a few of our items listed on Daisy Craft, an online site for handmade items. But now, TODAY …we have our very own WEBSITE !!! Please celebrate with us by entering our Fabulous Girly Giveaway! Now don’t run away if you are not a mother of girls…this prize will make a wonderful baby gift or birthday gift for someone you love! Are you ready? Are you dying to know wha

The Girl With The Headache - update

It's been almost a year since I first posted here about Ambria and her struggle with Post Concussion Syndrome .  At that time Ambria had already been suffering for a year, and I was at the end of my rope.  To quickly recap, Ambria came home from a church dance with a debilitating Migraine one day in late February of 2015.  And it didn't go away.  For months.  She couldn't go to school, or church, or out with friends. Life sort of came to a stand still for her.  She spent most of her days sleeping, and when she wasn't asleep she was like a zombie and in so much pain.  She was eventually diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome.  She'd suffered multiple sports concussions from playing soccer.  She was just supposed to try and treat the pain while waiting for her brain to start working properly again. We had many doctor's visits, tests, dietary changes, different perscriptions, so many things to try and help with the pain.  Nothing helped.  Months kept passing with