Saturday, July 3, 2010

Let Freedom Ring...

Words can truly not express what this holiday means to me.

I feel blessed beyond anything to have been born into this great land.

I cannot see a flag procession, or sing the Star Spangled Banner without choking up.

Those who serve in the armed forces are my heroes.

I hold the Founding Fathers of this nation in the highest esteem.

I believe God's hand was in the establishment of this greatest country on earth, and feel a solemn responsibility to do my part to make sure the principles this nation was founded upon are upheld by those who are elected to office.

I want my children to also recognize what a blessing it is to live here. I'm trying to teach them.

I love that we have this weekend to play and celebrate and bask in the joy of being American.

God Bless the U.S.A.


10 comments:

Paula said...

Happy 4th of July! I hope you have a great day with your family!!

Tanielle said...

Love you!!!!!

Myya said...

Happy 4th!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Happy Independence Day, Xazmin!!! I love how you recognize the history behind this holiday and celebrate our Founders! :)

God Bless America!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

What precious patriotic girls. Hope you all have a wonderful 4th. God Bless America

MiMi said...

What lovely patriotic pretties you have!!
Happy 4th, friend!!

Koko said...

If only we had more people in this choice land who felt that way. Thank you for putting it beautifully. Your daughters looks so cute too!

shortmama said...

Hope you had a great holiday!

Sami said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! Love the patriotic look of your blog! Are the girls all feeling better? They look like they are!

Vivienne said...

What a FANTASTIC post and tribute to this country. Amen to that!
xoxo