Thursday, February 21, 2013

2 things at once

I promised my out of state brother I would blog again, and that was a few days ago, so I am a little behind!

Baby Girl keeps me pretty unproductive these days.  She nurses ALL. THE. TIME.  Which is actually nothing new for me, since all my kids were like that.  I think it has something to do with being big babies - they need more sustenance.  But I'm okay with that - because all my big babies also slept through the night by 8 weeks.  So it's a decent trade-off in my opinion.

She is growing so fast I can hardly stand it.  Even though we thought we were done having kids before we got pregnant with her, now that we have her I want to slow down time so we can enjoy all the little moments of her growing up.  It already seems to be flying by.

Here are a few pictures of her cuteness:




 Her first Valentine's Day.

 In the car on her way to her 2 week check up.  Which she passed with flying colors!

Since I spend the majority of my days sitting in my big puffy chair nursing her highness - I have had to learn to multi-task.  You know, do 2 things at once.

Here's a list of all the things I can do AT THE SAME TIME I am nursing.  I know you'll be super impressed:

Watch TV
Watch online videos
Surf the web one-handed
Text one-handed
Eat one-handed
Yell at my other kids
Did I mention watch TV?

I spend a lot of time watching TV these days.  Pretty productive, huh?

While you marvel at my ability to do all these things WHILE I am nursing my baby, I'll just leave you with one of my current favorite commercials (I don't have DVR, so I see a lot of commercials as well).  I like to call it, "2 things at once."

11 comments:

MiMi said...

Laughed out loud at yell at your other kids!!

YeamieWaffles said...

Your kids are so adorable Xazmin, the new daughter is such a little dote, so cute.

Emmy said...

She is so sweet!! And yes they do grow up fast. I was so grateful for my iPhone when I was nursing- saved my sanity at times.

Myya said...

Awwweee her cuteness is almost too much to handle. Loooved your " yell at my other kids" i can relate! ;)

VandyJ said...

Can so relate to the yell at the other kids.
It was only one other kids, but still I could keep tabs and run interference. Mad skillz, we moms have them!

Amy said...

such a sweet little yawn in that picture. What a darling sweetheart you have there. Multi-tasking is a very important thing when nursing. It really saves your sanity, doesn't it? :)

Limefreckle said...

she's adorable....love the head adornments....how the heck do they stay on? So cute, didn't get to play with that stuff having only 1 boy!

Karen Peterson said...

Such a beautiful baby. I wish they didn't grow up so fast.

I see a lot of commercials too and those AT&T ones crack me up every single time.

FrouFrouBritches said...

Oh my gracious! She is beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!!

I'm with ya. I did tons of TV watching when my little ones were nursing! I was also really good at ordering things from the infomercials that run at 3:00 a.m. HA!

Nichole Quigley said...

lol it's amazing what you can {or can't} do when you have one attached isn't it!? My oldest didn't nurse well or long, so it was a whole new experience with my youngest, who nursed all.the.time!!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

My daughter nursed all the time too...slept through the night at week 2 and was never sick. I agree it is a great trade off. Loved your multi tasking abilities. You are too funny...and Baby girl is adorable. I love her mouth.