Skip to main content

Friday Confessional


Photobucket

Time to link up and confess - I had to get one last post in before the New Year!  Here we go.

I confess...
My New Year's Resolution to blog more in 2011 was an EPIC FAIL!  
But I believe in perseverance, so we're going to try again in 2012!

I confess...
Yesterday was my 16 year anniversary, and we went to dinner WAY early (because we hadn't really eaten all day and were starving) and were home before 6, watching a movie with the kids.  We're like 90 year olds in 30-something bodies I guess.

I confess...
I really wouldn't have had it any other way.  We had a great time watching a family movie with the kids, and then sent them to bed and enjoyed a grown-up movie.  A rated PG-13 one people...get your minds out of the gutter!!

I confess...
I lied when I just said I wouldn't have had it any other way.  In a perfect world I would be rich and we would be on a cruise or something for our anniversary.  But I think you all knew my meaning.

I confess....
I have not gotten out of bed before 10 a.m. any day since school got out last Wednesday - except for on Christmas day.  I'm a late-stayer-upper, and a late-sleeper-inner.  That's just how I roll.  Getting back into the 6:30 a.m. swing of things when school gets back in next Wednesday is going to be BRUTAL!

I confess...
This year has been the best Christmas ever. Truly.  I have enjoyed it more, stressed less, felt more joy and love, seen my family truly sacrifice in order to serve others, watched how it affected my children, and felt the spirit of Christ more than ever before. We also slashed several hundred dollars from our immediate family Christmas budget, and saw that our children's joy on Christmas morning was not diminished in the least.  I believe this is due to the way their hearts were touched by serving those less fortunate, and although it was a "lesser" Christmas material-wise than we have ever had, it was a greater Christmas where it counted.

I confess...
I really want my Christmas decor taken down and put away, but I REALLY don't wanna do it!  Have you ever wished you were like Jeannie and could "blink" things done?  I've wished that ever since I was a little girl and was told I couldn't come out of my room until it was clean.

Also I wanted my bedroom to be like the inside of her bottle.  And I still wished I looked that good in a harem-girl costume!

I confess...
This year on my blog, things may get political.  I know that is taboo in blog-land.  But it's an election year y'all.  And I'm a political junkie.  I know those who truly love me will not mind me sharing my opinion on occasion.

And finally - I confess...
I'm super excited to take you on the journey of the room-by-room reorganization and remodel of my home.  I am DETERMINED to get it done this year!  If I'm making this same confession next year at this time, I am selling my house and starting over!!

Remember that confession is good for the soul - so if you'd like, click the button and link up!!

Comments

Jolene said…
Congratulations on 16 years! Glad to see you had a great Christmas.

I hope you have a Happy New Year!
I had to laugh at your confessions re: your anniversary. We spent ours doing the same things...and yes, if I was super rich I'd be on my own island with a nanny to watch over the kiddos. Realistically though, it was a pretty nice time. Looking forward to reading more of your blog in 2012!
Paula@SweetPea said…
Congratulations on your 16 year anniversary! Being home early to be with your kids sounds like a good evening to me.

Good luck with your house reorganization. I have a feeling we'll all be doing a lot of that in the next few months.
I amso glad y'all had a good Christmas! My blogging year was not good either. We'll do better next year though, right? I've got to get my house done too. I am waaaay behind. I've got to get organized. My house is a pit!

Happy Anniversary, by the way!!!
Shawn said…
I too am dreading taking the decorations down and getting up in the morning for school. This break went by way too fast!

I'll be waiting for those pictures so get to movin' sister!
Mamarazzi said…
a cruise sounds like a lot of fun, i wish i was on one too!

Genie in a bottle bedroom, i confess, I wanted one too!

i cannot wait to see the room by room reveal!

Happy New Year...thanks for linking up, i love your confessions.
Macey said…
I'm most excited that it's a political year and I can hear all of your political rants! Woohoo!
Mitt's hot. HAHAAAAA!
Also, I can't wait to see your house room by room...so...then you can say that THIS IS THE YEAR!!! LOL!! I crack me up.
Oh to have unlimited funds to do whatever we wanted. *sigh*

But congratulations on the anniversary! He's put up with you for a long time! I KID, I KID!! You know I love you.

I'm so glad to see you blogging. Sorry I've been MIA. My in laws are still in town. So...you know...I'm going insane.

Popular posts from this blog

Mod Podge Mania!

I am so super excited for our first edition of Mod Podge Mania! I love this stuff, and I LOVE getting new ideas for how to use it...so hopefully this will be a great place for "inspiration" where we can all get some fun new ideas! So here's how it will work. Post about a project on your blog, along with instructions on how you created your mod podge masterpiece! OR you can do a post featuring a project you have seen someone else do, just to pass the idea along. Just make sure you give credit where credit is due! Also, make sure to include a link back to my blog in your post! Next, link up by entering your name and copying the URL to your post into Mr. Linky - he's waiting at the bottom of this post. It would be helpful if you put the name of your project along with your name so people will know what they are coming to look at! (example: Xazmin - decorative eggs) Last, go check out everyone's fabulous projects and let the inspiration begin! You can link up as

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

So tell the truth - how many of you thought this would be a pregnancy announcement? Well - I'll have to twist my husband's arm a little more to get him to agree to that one! But this is the beginning of something very exciting...at least I think it is! SO HERE IT IS! Ribbon Blossoms Chic Boutique is now LIVE! And we’re celebrating with an Awesome Giveaway! If you have been following my blog, you know that I have a small business with my friend Tanielle , making and selling hair bows and other girly accessories. Until now we have been selling our items at craft shows and our local boutique mall. We also have had a few of our items listed on Daisy Craft, an online site for handmade items. But now, TODAY …we have our very own WEBSITE !!! Please celebrate with us by entering our Fabulous Girly Giveaway! Now don’t run away if you are not a mother of girls…this prize will make a wonderful baby gift or birthday gift for someone you love! Are you ready? Are you dying to know wha

The Girl With The Headache - update

It's been almost a year since I first posted here about Ambria and her struggle with Post Concussion Syndrome .  At that time Ambria had already been suffering for a year, and I was at the end of my rope.  To quickly recap, Ambria came home from a church dance with a debilitating Migraine one day in late February of 2015.  And it didn't go away.  For months.  She couldn't go to school, or church, or out with friends. Life sort of came to a stand still for her.  She spent most of her days sleeping, and when she wasn't asleep she was like a zombie and in so much pain.  She was eventually diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome.  She'd suffered multiple sports concussions from playing soccer.  She was just supposed to try and treat the pain while waiting for her brain to start working properly again. We had many doctor's visits, tests, dietary changes, different perscriptions, so many things to try and help with the pain.  Nothing helped.  Months kept passing with