Monday, August 23, 2010

I have a good reason for not blogging or visiting!

It's because typing has felt like a white hot knife that has been sitting in a fire is being plunged into my shoulder!

Yes I can be dramatic, but I have really been in a great deal of pain since Thursday. The verdict is still out on whether I will need surgery or not, but today I was given a steroid shot in my shoulder. It was not pleasant. If it doesn't work I may go back and stab the doctor and the nurse with a fork in THEIR shoulders. Just sayin.

I am feeling some relief right now. Still hurts, but much better than this time yesterday, so keep your fingers crossed that this will do the trick and I will not need surgery!

It is still painful to type, but just wanted to let you guys know I may not comment much the next few days, but I will still be trying to read and get caught up on all you've been up to!

Have an awesome week!

10 comments:

Paula said...

I hope you feel better soon and that you don't need surgery. Should injuries are so painful. Take care of yourself!

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

oooh I hope not surgery. My mom had 2 shoulder surgeries. No fun. What did you do?

MiMi said...

Girl, you know I love you.
I hope the shot works. :(

Rhonda said...

What is the deal with shoulders? Be sure and get a MRI before surgery. I have shoulder pain, my mom, my brother, plus I know about three other people. It is strange...like a disease. I know a lady that was told she needed surgery, had a MRI...they didn't find anything wrong!

Hope you feel better soon!!

Keli said...

WTH happened? Geez, that really sucks. I know an awesome Chiropractor that deals with stuff like this, and he's cheap. $35 for self-pay. Almost worth a visit before doing anything drastic.

Hang in there!

Myya said...

OUCHIE!!! I hope the shot works, although might be kind of fun to hear about what the doc & nurse do when you go back & stab them with a fork. Kidding, I really do hope you get better, I miss when you aren't around!

shortmama said...

Yikes...hope the stabbing was worth it and no surgery for you!

Rachelle said...

That sounds painful! I hope you don't need surgery, that's never fun. I hope the pain goes away soon.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

:( :( Hope you are all healed up soon, girlie! No fun!!

Sami said...

So, I saw your note on Facebook, and before I could comment, it disappeared. Maybe I had imagined the whole thing...it's possible.
I suppose I will not try to make you feel guilty about your absence, but you can make it up to me by making a video (or stealing the security tape) of the incident if and when you stab your doctor with the fork. I predict a classic!
Seriously though, I hope the shot helps your shoulder.
What on Earth did you to do yourself?!
Sending prayers your way!
Love ya!